There are four types of medical school interviews, which vary by school:
- Open file (previously viewed application materials)
- Close file (application materials not viewed)
- Speed interview (a.k.a., MMI – Multiple Mini Interviews)
- Like speed dating - 10 short 8-minute interviews
- The idea is to be able to talk for about 8 minutes about one subject, while demonstrating a clear thought process and communication style and being ethical.
Also, interviews are sometimes with a student interviewer, sometimes with faculty.
For a medical school mock interview: vary open-ended and closed questions.
Consider controversial questions (would you perform abortion?) The "why" is more important than the yes or no.
Online Resource for a traditional Interview - http://www.studentdoc.com/medical-school-interview.html
Resources for MMI interviews:
MMI Resource Sheet from Portland State:
MMI Style Discussion - http://multipleminiinterview.com/mmi-questions/